Thursday, August 20, 2015

More School Meetings


Another early morning at school. Today we have a diversity training meeting in the morning (...) followed by a departmental meeting to discuss the results of an internal employee survey. Sounds fun, right? I wish the students would just show up already. (Next week!)

I have most of the prep work done to open the library. Last year's departed patrons have been removed from the library computer system, I've printed out and assembled the reservation book used to assign library space for classes, and I've prepared the magazines for display and routing to employees, among other things. I'm sure it all sounds thrilling. Don't you wish you were me?

I just don't have time to think about, much less write about, anything other than work at the moment. Which makes Jack a dull boy.

Anyway, I'm off to walk Olga before I leave for the day. She's peering out at the backyard looking forlorn!

(Photo: Near Baker Street, in June.)

7 comments:

Elizabeth said...

To tell you the truth, I am quite envious of the peaceful order of your library day. Do you remember the book by Anne Tyler where the mother leaves her family on the beach and walks to a different town to start a new life? When I read this post, I thought I could do that. Up and leave and go to London and work with Steve in his school library.

e said...

Actually, I quite miss being in a library...I read the book by Anne Tyler that Elizabeth mentions and have often felt the same urge. That building in your photo looks interesting...Can you tell us more about it?

Ms. Moon said...

I think that every woman who read that Anne Tyler book thought, "Yeah. I could definitely do that."
Which has nothing really to do with your post.
It's good to have order and purpose in life. Your job provides you with that.
Excellent shot of a very interesting building, as e said.

Sharon said...

I think I must be looking a lot like Olga these days peering out the window and looking forlorn. I'm waiting for this excessive heat spell to taper off. I love being out side even if it's just to go for a drive around town but, these temps make even car trips exhausting. I just keep telling myself that in a week and a half I'm going to California for a few days. I can't wait.
Thanks for telling me about the Thorne Rooms book. I'm going to look for it.

ellen abbott said...

yeah, work stuff. me too.

The Bug said...

Love that flowery balcony! So pretty! I also think I would enjoy your work day - but not once the kids get back. I'm not very good with kids...

37paddington said...

You know I love hearing about your work. I think library work sounds serene and orderly and meditative. It suits you. What if we all turned up on your doorstep to help you reshelve books? You could have your own library commune. I really kind of
"got" Elizabeth's comment!