Friday, January 2, 2015

Farewell, Detroit!


We are off this morning on an early flight, back to London and Olga. We've had a good visit but I'm ready to get back to walking to work, eating our own food (maybe containing some actual dietary fiber!) and romping on Hampstead Heath with the dog. We get to London late tonight and we have all weekend to adjust before we go back to work on Monday.

I don't think I ever quite overcame jet lag here in the U.S. I was awake almost every night between 3 and 5 a.m. So maybe getting back to a regular schedule in England, in our own bed, will be easier.

Coming to you next from home sweet home!

(Photo: This huge basketball stands beside I-75 on the way into Detroit. I drove up yesterday especially to get some photos of it!)

8 comments:

e said...

Travel safely!

Ms. Moon said...

Home will be ever so sweet.

Sharon said...

Safe travels!

Linda Sue said...

Welcome home!

Sarah said...

I bet Olga will be pleased to see you both! Hope you have a good flight.

37paddington said...

Nothing like your own bed in your own space. Welcome home!

The Bug said...

I'm glad you took us on your journey - & I'm glad you're home!

Elizabeth said...

Safe travels, although by the time you're reading this you're probably home, up drinking coffee or getting ready to walk Miss Olga!