Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Snail Attack!


These are the newest creatures inhabiting our horseradish plant. I noticed the other day that holes were once again appearing in the leaves, so something was clearly making a meal of them. Sure enough, snails!


Of course I left them alone, as is my rule with the horseradish plant, our own little science experiment. We no longer seem to have any caterpillars or other noticeable bugs (though I'm sure there are lots of tiny ones), so I'm happy to leave the plant to the snails.

I wonder how snail eggs ever reached a sixth-floor balcony? I've never seen any mature snails up this high.

5 comments:

Vivian said...

probably birds brought you the little gift! soapy water will take care of them, if you want to rid them from your plants.

Ms. Moon said...

Aw. Cute snails! I bet the caterpillars will be showing up soon. Unless the snails eat them.

Reya Mellicker said...

I never thought I would say it but ... these snails are cute.

ellen abbott said...

All part of the cycle. Mine doesn't look that great right now but I e learned that you just can't kill the stuff.

Linda Sue said...

Snails are magic, They fly at night and can shape shift!