Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Long Shadows


Here are some of my photos from my class excursion to the South Bank of the Thames on Monday. The shadows at this time of year are so incredibly long -- the photo above was taken about 3 p.m., and the last of the photos about an hour later.





Yesterday we went to the Berwick Street Market and to Chinatown with some specific assignments, and today I'm supposed to shoot a photo essay on something within my postal code. (Today is homework day.) Tomorrow the class reconvenes!

7 comments:

Reya Mellicker said...

The shadow assignment is certainly right up your alley! Beautiful images.

How many times per week does your class meet? How many people in the class?

I love seeing the fruits of your labors.

Linda Sue said...

I am giddy with delight! these photos are making me high, believe it! wonderful fabulous stirring!!! Thank you so much !

Steve Reed said...

Reya: Yeah, when he said we were doing shadows, I was pretty happy. :) The class is only five people, and one of them dropped out on Tuesday because of child care issues -- so it's a pretty intense group! We meet four days a week, and Wednesday is homework day, when we shoot an assignment.

Linda Sue: Thanks SO MUCH. I'm glad they speak to you!

The Bug said...

Ooh I love the next to last one best - all that lovely golden light :)

Barbara said...

I can tell you are really eating this up! Has anything changed about the way you look at shadows? About the way you look for shadows?

Every one of these photos is exquisite!

Ms.M said...

I always like how shadows add dept (in a symbolic way) to a picture. Nice shots. Love the last one.

Ms. M

Uli Day said...

Love the first photo!