Monday, May 24, 2010

Banksy


Here's the one surviving Banksy piece in New York, as far as I know -- and even it's dubious. Some people suspect it's not a Banksy at all, even though it showed up about the same time as his other pieces (which were all immediately vandalized). This one's in a somewhat unlikely part of town, and some people say it doesn't quite look Banksy-ish. I got the location from a friend and paid it a visit yesterday morning. Dave and I took turns posing beside it, doing our best cheerleader imitations. (That's an unrelated Cecs tag to the right, by the way.)

So, yes, we did finally get into the city yesterday. I visited my apartment and got the place cleaned up a bit, and brought all my art home to New Jersey. We got it all hung last night, and now our space feels even more like home to me. Now if I could only bring home my furniture! But the real estate agent wants me to leave it in the apartment for now, because it helps define the space and show potential buyers how things could be laid out.

I had a dream last night that someone made an offer. Maybe that's a good sign!

3 comments:

mouse (aka kimy) said...

crossing my fingers that your dream comes true! and you can soon be reunited with your very lonely furniture

rah, rah, rah!!

Barbara said...

I need to catch up on the history of Banksy and why his work has been vandalized. All street art seems so vulnerable as it is open to the elements and to humanity.

I do hope your place sells soon so you can consolidate and reunite with your furniture.

Reya Mellicker said...

I think it is a good sign. I'm visualizing someone new in your apartment, someone who will love and care for it just as you did.

Love the Banksy pic though of course I loved even more the one you put on FB. perfection.