Wednesday, August 22, 2007

West Side Highway, August 2007


Do you ever have one of those mornings when everything seems to conspire against you?

That was me, yesterday. I had so much to do after my trip - I’d gotten home late the night before - and it seemed I was stymied at every turn.

Before I could even make coffee I had to stumble to the store to get milk. Then I settled in with my blog and Flickr, spent a little too much time and wound up running late. But I was committed to going to the gym, so I hustled myself over there, only to find it “closed indefinitely,” according to a sign on the door. (I still don’t know the full story, but I’m guessing it had something to do with the recent flooding during the heavy rain.)

I gave up the gym, got myself home and got dressed, and then had to go pick up my cat from the vet. By this time it was POURING rain, and I didn’t have an umbrella - they were all at work. So I had to go back to the store and buy an umbrella, then pick up Armenia’s cat carrier and go to the vet. We walked home in the rain, which of course annoyed Armenia because rain came in the little holes of the carrier and dampened her butt. She was leaping around in the carrier trying to avoid the water.

Then I had to take my laundry to the cleaners and make my way to work. It was still pouring. My shoes and socks got soaking wet. Argh! Welcome back to reality!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

On days like that it's best to "duck and cover." Get the cat, go home and pull the covers over your head. Yikes!!

Hope today is easier.

Anonymous said...

Well, Steve, it's like Roseanne Rosannadanna said, "Well, Jane, it just goes to show you, it's always something."

I hope today is better for you, buddy.

Anonymous said...

I hope today is a better day for you!

Anonymous said...

Oh, it must have been something in the air - because while I managed to be pretty productive, the Universe did not make it easy!

Anonymous said...

shoulda stayed in bed dude