Friday, April 6, 2007

SoHo, April 2007


I saw this graffiti on Broadway on the way to the Zendo last Sunday. I knew right away it would make a perfect photo for today.

That's because today is the day my "troubled" cat, Armenia, goes in for her thyroid treatment and week-long hospital stay. Poor thing. She's lying here next to me completely unaware that her world is about to be turned upside down.

The details are all here. Honestly, it doesn't sound like such a bad gig - basically a week in Westchester at a "cat spa." But my cat HATES to be away from home, particularly in her more anxious, hyperthyroid state. She HATES her cat carrier. And she HATES the vet.

Animals, after all, are creatures of habit. They don't like any change in their daily routine.

Sorry, cat. It's for your own good, I promise.

No comments: