Sunday, February 4, 2007

Upper East Side, August 2006


What prompted someone to chalk this face onto the windowsill of a brownstone? Were they waiting for a friend, a bit bored, outside their apartment building? Was it a child playing? At least the face is smiling, so they must have been in a good mood.

My cat, however, is not in a good mood. She seems to be losing a little weight, so I took her to the vet yesterday. She never likes the vet, but wow - I've never seen a performance like this one. She basically turned into the Tasmanian Devil, whirling around the room and screaming, her hair all on end. Even the vet techs, armed with thick towels, couldn't control her. So I have to take her back on Tuesday when they can anesthetize her for an examination. She'll love that.

I met up with my old friend Brett for dinner last night at my favorite restaurant, Hell's Kitchen, on Ninth Avenue. Brett lived here in New York when I first moved here in 2000, but two years later left for L.A. and then Houston, and now is back for a conference. You know how you can not see someone for years and then, when you get together, it seems like it's been a week or two? That's kind of how it felt seeing Brett - an easy click after a long absence. Brett also brought along a fellow conference-goer named Keith - a nice guy who is, of course, a blogger!

No comments: