Friday, December 29, 2006

E. 29th Street, December 2006


I've always liked this large wall on the side of a building about a block from my apartment. It looks like someone tried to clean it with bleach, but didn't do a very thorough job - and it makes a great canvas for shadows.

It's definitely that time of year again. Times Square is filling up with wandering tourists. Each night when I leave work I wind up walking behind phalanxes of baby strollers in order to reach the subway. It wasn't too many years ago that Times Square, particularly 42nd Street, was kind of a dicey area - and now people take armies of toddlers there. Anyway, preparations are being made for the big New Year's celebration, with utility trucks and crowd control barriers in evidence.

My response is to get out of town. I will be away from my blog until Tuesday. So happy New Year, and I'll see you in 2007!

No comments: