Thursday, November 2, 2006

Williamsburg, Brooklyn, Sept. 2006


Not to continue the Halloween theme, but I really liked these possessed-looking kitten statues in the window of this house. Isn't it interesting when something "cute" winds up looking a little scary? (Think clowns, certain stuffed animals, '70s portraits of big-eyed children.)

Two items of interest (to me anyway):

1. I saw the new Bob Dylan musical last night on Broadway, and it wasn't nearly as dreadful as I expected it to be. (Critics have been pretty harsh.) Twyla Tharp's choreography is stunning at times and the performers are great. The circus theme isn't entirely effective, but still, I felt like I ought to put things in perspective. Don't pay full price, unless you're a big Dylan fan, but don't hesitate to grab a discount seat if you can. (I confess: My ticket was free.)

2. I turned 40 today! Quite a milestone, eh? Funny how people make a big deal about it, in a negative way - I actually find it comforting that I've made it this far! There's something kind of soothing about getting older; the pressure eases. I am where I am, and I like it.

I'm going to be away from my blog for the next few days, so I won't have any updates until Monday. Enjoy your weekend, and if you miss me, don't hesitate to revisit my possessed cats.

No comments: